The impossible list™ is NOT a bucket list. Not too long ago, I used to settle for the possible things in life. The sure thing. It was “realistic”, “safe” and boring as hell. I decided I needed a challenge.
The impossible list is that challenge. This list of impossible things contains all the things I ever thought I couldn’t do because it was “impossible.” The sort of things that I assumed the cool guys on TV only ever got to do. The things I never thought that I would be able to do.
This is my list of impossible things. I’m constantly crossing things off it as I accomplish them and adding to it when needed and I’ll be making regular updates about my journey on the blog. Maybe you’re bored of a bucket list, maybe you’re tired of simply attempting what’s considered “possible”, maybe you just want to try something different. This blog is for you.
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible” – Walt Disney
The Impossible List™
- Change 1 Person’s Life For The Better
Help 100 Entrepreneurs Better Their Lives Through Micro-Loans at Kiva.org[255/100] [October 2012] Raise $25,000 to Help Build A Freaking School In Guatemala with Pencils of Promise[December 25, 2012] (DONE. BOOM).
- Run a 5k [Nov 1, 2009]
- Run a 10k [October 2, 2010]
- Run a Half Marathon [November 6, 2010]
Run a Marathon[May 15, 2011] [November 6th, 2012 + couple more] [sub-4-hour] Run an UltraMarathon[October 27, 2012]
- Run A Triathlon
- Run a Duathlon
- Run A sub 6-minute mile
- Learn parkour and make an awesome montage video.
Get a six pack and do a photo shoot to celebrate.[June 2, 2012] 100 consecutive pushups[April 14, 2011] [First Attempt]
- 200 consecutive squats [October 31, 2010]
- 50 Consecutive Pullups
- Do a Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do a Fingertip Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do 10 Freestanding Handstand Pushups
- Go Slacklining
Complete a Century Ride(May 11, 2013). Run Tough Mudder(May 19th, 2013). Finish the GoRuck Challenge(June, 2013)
- Visit Every Continent (North America, South America, Europe,
Asia, Australia, Africa, Antarctica (and do something ridiculous here).
- Go Swimming in Every Ocean (Pacific, Atlantic,
Indian, Arctic, Southern/Antarctic)
- Travel For 1 Year Straight
- Get a 2nd U.S. Passport
- Obtain dual citizenship with another country.
- Own a small flat in 4 different countries.
- Live on the beach in some tropical country for 3 months.
- Do A Cross Country Road Trip And Make a Film About It
- Do A Round-The-World Trip And Make A Film About It
- Visit Iguazu Falls
- Visit All 50 States [49/50]
- Visit 20 Countries | 50 Countries | 100 Countries | 150 Countries | All The Countries
- Start Impossible Island
- Go without internet for a month [July 2009]
Go without a car for a month[February 2012 +] Count & document all my crap[February 2014] Own less than 300 things[February 5th, 2014] See My 97 Things Here
- Create a “Getaway” Backpack [I'm really excited about this]
Go Skydiving[May 1, 2011, June 3, 2011, June 26th, 2012] Go Bungee Jumping[June 6, 2011, July 6th, 2012] Go Paragliding Go Parasailing[August 2009] Learn to Kitesurf[May 14th, 2012 - Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic]
- Bike Across America
- Learn to Surf
- Get PADI Certified & go scuba diving.
- Climb a Volcano [Summer '04 - Mt. Pacaya, Guatemala & May '07 Kilauea, Hawaii]
- Learn To Freedive
Go Zorbing[September 1, 2013] Go Indoor Skydiving[September 1, 2013] Walk With Wolves (and get kissed by one)[August 13th, 2013] Fly A Rocketman Water Jet Lev[August 19th, 2013] Fly A Flyboard Water Hoverboard[August 20th, 2013]
- Be an Extra in a Movie [November 12, 2010]
Go to the airport and buy a ticket without knowing where I’m going.
- Get something named after me.
Events To Attend
- Visit Burning Man And Document It
- Participate in Tomatina
- Running of the Bulls
- See The Northern Lights & Make A Time Lapse Film Of It
Bonarroo[June 2013] SxSw[March 2012, 2013]
- Mardi Gras
- Carnival (Brazil)
- Learn To DJ
- Learn to Fly A Plane
- Learn To Breakdance
- Create a video that gets international coverage
- Get To Space
Become Fluent In 4 Languages
Start my own marketing agency[December 12th, 2011] Make a full-time living online. Start an international company.
- Put $100,000 in the bank.
- Give $100,000 away.
- Create a million dollar company.
Make Impossible HQ into a Business. Speak at a Fortune 50 Company[Target HQ - February 17th, 2012] Create an Apparel Line[October 3, 2011] Get Something Named Impossible
- Start A Business Incubator.
- Write an e-book [RMG: December 25th, 2010] [Impossible Manifesto: December 6th, 2011] [Impossible TRI: February 28th, 2012]
Publish a real physical book. Start a successful blog 1,000 Subscribers 10,000 Subscribers 25,000 Subscribers 50,000 Subscribers
What’s On Your Impossible List?
*If you, your business or brand are interested in helping me make one or any of these impossible things a reality, get in touch.