As you can see, while many of my Portland blogger friends are enjoying sunshine & happiness, Indiana is placed almost directly in the middle of the angry-face guy. This means for the last few days, I’ve been holed up indoors. The copious amounts of snow and the unplowed roads combined with with my lack of snowshoes, and the fact that most businesses aren’t actually open, make it difficult and pointless to go almost anywhere.
So while I’m ready to get outside, start moving and go running in my snow boots if I have to, there has been some good news out of this. I’ve managed to become insanely productive. I’ve taken care of so many things in the last 36 hours that have been on my plate, it feels amazing, so I thought I’d share them with you.
So in case you’re still stuck in Snowpocolypse, Blizzaster or Snowmageddon (or you just don’t feel like going into work today), here are 21 ways you can survive the current (or next) cleverly named end-of-the-world pseudo natural disaster.
- Send a thank you note to someone who deserves it.
- Take another step forward with your side-business.
- Do 80+ Pushups.
- Email 5 people you respect.
- Write a blog post.
- Have a skype conversation with someone half way across the world.
- Get to Inbox Zero.
- Get to work on planning an epic adventure.
- Listen to someone a lot smarter than you for an hour.
- Make someone laugh.
- Write a chapter of your next manifesto.
- Sit back and realize how freaking amazing things are.
- Bite off more than you can chew…then figure out how to chew it.
- Do something for someone else.
- Pick something off your impossible list and go do it.
- Take 60 minutes to test a fun side project out. See what happens.
- Eat a cookie.
- Write a guest blog post.
- Ask 10 of your closest friends what your best capability is.
- Say yes to someone who asks you for help.
- That idea you’ve been thinking about doing for the last 3 months but haven’t touched? Do that.
Honesetly, who says you have to be holed up in a cleverly named blizzard to do any of these things? Why not do them today anyways? If you found at least 1 thing here that you can do in the next 24 hours, please pass this along using the share buttons below. There are a lot of people out there looking for something meaningful to do.