This wasn’t a race. It was an expedition.
At the official home of Santa Claus in Lapland, Finland, I headed out for a 66km race across the arctic, using frozen rivers, lakes and snowmobile paths for guidance in -16º temperatures.
No support. No water. Just a lot of snow, a lot of cold, so you better get used to it and get comfortable. Check it out.
The Rovaniemi 66km Expedition Race Video Short
The 777 Project
The 777 Project is an endurance, adventure and philanthropic initiative by Joel Runyon & IMPOSSIBLE to run 7 ultra marathons on 7 continents in order to raise money & awareness to build 7 schools with Pencils of Promise and provide opportunities to those for whom a basic education can be impossible.
As of this post, I’ve run all 7 ultra marathons on 7 continents and we’ve collectively raised $146,193 – enough to build 6 schools – and counting! You can see previous races recaps + videos below.
I am matching all donations through IMPOSSIBLE through the end of the project $2 for $1. If you’d like to get involved, you can donate here and I’ll match each dollar of your donation with $2 of my own.
Previous Race Recaps
- South America – Patagonia International Marathon
- North America – Chicago Ultra 50k
- Australia – The Narrabeen All Nighter
- Antarctica – The Antarctica Ice Marathon 100k
- Asia – The North Face Thailand 50k
- Europe – The Rovaniemi 66km
- South Africa – The Two Oceans Marathon (56km)
Previous Race Shorts
- South America – Patagonia International Marathon Video Short
- North America – Chicago Ultra 50k Video Short
- Australia – The Narrabeen All Nighter Video Short
- Antarctica – The Antarctica Ice Marathon 100k Video Short
- Asia – The Thailand North Face 50k Video Short
- Europe – The Rovaniemi 66km Expedition Video Short
- South Africa – The Two Oceans Marathon Video Short (Coming Soon)