I wanted to give you a quick update on the fundraising efforts for 777.
In case you missed it, first a quick recap:
- I launched 777 two years ago. But not everything went as I planned.
- First, I got hurt. Then I got sued.
- Now I’m getting back up and finishing 777 over the next few months.
- I ran the Chicago ultra last month (and here’s proof),
That means, so far, of the 777, I’ve run 2 ultras on 2 continents. ￼#boom￼
Even better, the fundraising side, the response has been amazing. As of today, we’ve raised slightly over $93,163. #BOOM
That’s almost FOUR schools. Count ‘em! 1, 2, 3, FOUR!
Almost $100,000 AND WAY OVER HALFWAY TO OUR GOAL.
On top of this, I’m matching any donations through the end of the year for a total of up to $50,000.
Plus, I’m running a 12 hour ultra in Australia next week. Yikes!
Again, 100% of donations go directly to Pencils of Promise and they use the funds to build the schools directly (their overhead costs are underwritten by private donors) and implement education programs.
As always, I try to be as transparent as possible when it comes to this, so all questions are welcome – however, tomorrow, I’ll be doing an AMA on reddit tomorrow, so if you have questions – that’s a good time & place to ask them!
If you want to get involved, here’s how:
- Donate to 777 and help us build school #4! – Again I’m MATCHING every donation, so your impact will be DOUBLED.
- Find more about 777
- Tell a friend about 777
If you want to see previous posts on 777, check out the following links:
Grow Stronger, Do The Impossible
Get weekly emails on how to build a stronger mind, a stronger body and stronger life and do the impossible.