About 18 months ago, I wrote a short post on cold showers as a way of building more discipline and structure in my life.
I had no idea what that post would start.
Since then, Cold Shower Therapy has taken on a life of its own.
Cold Shower Therapy by the Numbers
- My TEDx talk on CST has been viewed over 45,000 times.
- Over 7,500 people have watched me demonstrate how to take a shower.
- Almost another 20,000 people have watched the following two videos: video 1 and video 2.
- We’ve had hundreds of people actually go through the Cold Shower Therapy challenge, and I’ve gotten more hate mail on this than anything I’ve ever written about before.
- On top of that, I’ve had COUNTLESS people yell at me and tell me how stupid I am just for talking about this concept, and I’ve had the pleasure of reading hundreds of insightful YouTube comments informing me of wonderful things I should go do to myself (pro tip: never read YouTube comments).
- We’ve had several people have 200+ long cold shower streaks & one even go 500+ days of cold showers. What?
As a general rule, if you’re making some people mad, you’re doing something right so I decided to double down.
So we’re doubling down.
One of my goals for IMPOSSIBLE going forward is to move people beyond words into actions. Talk is cheap but your actions don’t lie.
As part of that, we’re going to create tools that make it easy for people to take action, & put into action the strategies we talk about here. First up – we’re starting with the most basic of all the challenges we have here – Cold Shower Therapy. And now we have it in app form.
Cold Shower Therapy app is available for iOS today.
Here’s what you can do in version 1.1:
- Time your showers.
- Add an instrumental pump up track to help you through the 5 minutes (I recommend “Eye of the Tiger” or “Can’t Hold Us”).
- Set a reminder alarm at a specific time to remind you to take your cold shower.
- Watch your streak in a calendar format – Seinfeld-style – and have a visual reminder to help you keep your streak.
- Share your streak with others.
Coming up, we’ll have a leader board, a few Easter eggs, and continual refinement of the overall concept as well as an app coming for Android soon!
Getting Feedback & Making it Better
We’d love your feedback. Here’s a few things to note:
- If you like the app – please rate a billion stars (or 5) in the app store. Ratings are huge & this would help us reach out to even more people about cold shower therapy & IMPOSSIBLE.
- If you don’t like the app, find a bug or want to let me know something – just shake the app to submit a bug report or error.
- For those of you on Android – we have a version coming up for you as well .
We have more and more tools coming up in the near future, but, for now, I’d love your feedback on this. You can download the Cold Shower Therapy app right here.
Take the Cold Shower Therapy Challenge – download the CST app from iTunes. I’d love to hear what you think!