About eighteen months ago, I wrote a short post about taking cold showers as a way of building discipline and structure into my life.
I had no idea what that post would start.
Since then, Cold Shower Therapy™ has taken on a life of its own.
Cold Shower Therapy™ by The Numbers
Table of Contents
- My TEDx talk on Cold Shower Therapy™ has been viewed over 45,000 times.
- Over 7,500 people have watched me demonstrate how to take a shower.
- Almost 20,000 people have watched video 1 and video 2.
- Hundreds of people have actually taken the Cold Shower Therapy™ challenge.
- I’ve received more hate mail about CST than about anything else I’ve ever written.
- I’ve had COUNTLESS people yell at me and tell me how stupid I am for talking about this concept. I’ve had the pleasure of reading hundreds of insightful YouTube comments letting me know which wonderful things I should go do to myself. Pro tip: never read YouTube comments.
- Several people have had 200+ long cold shower streaks. One person even had 500+ days of cold showers. What?!
As a general rule, if you’re making some people mad, you’re doing something right.
So We’re Doubling Down
One of my goals for IMPOSSIBLE going forward is to move people beyond words and towards action. Talk is cheap but your actions don’t lie.
As part of that, we’re going to create tools that make it easy for people to take action and to put into action the strategies we talk about here. First up, we’re going with the most basic of all the challenges we have here, Cold Shower Therapy™. Now we have it in app form.
The Cold Shower Therapy™ App Is Available for iOS Today.
Here’s what you can do with version 1.1 of the app.
- Time your showers.
- Play a motivational song to help you through the five minutes (I recommend “Eye of The Tiger” and “Can’t Hold Us”).
- Set a reminder alarm to remind you to take your cold shower at a specific time.
- See your streak on a calendar (Seinfeld-style) and have a visual reminder to help you keep going.
- Share your streak with others.
Coming up, we’ll have a leader board, a few Easter eggs, and the continual refinement of the overall concept. We’ve also got an app for Android coming soon!
Getting Feedback & Making It Better
We’d love your feedback. Here are a few things to note.
- If you like the app, please rate it with a billion stars (or five) in the app store. Ratings are huge and solid ratings would help the concept of Cold Shower Therapy™ reach even more people.
- If you don’t like the app, you find a bug, or you want to let me know something, just shake your phone to submit a bug report or error.
- For those of you on Android, we have a version coming for you soon.
We’ll have more and more tools coming out in the near future, but, for now, I’d love your feedback on this. You can download the Cold Shower Therapy™ app right here.
Take the Cold Shower Therapy™ Challenge. Download the CST app from iTunes. I’d love to hear what you think!
Grow Stronger, Do The Impossible
Get weekly emails on how to build a stronger mind, a stronger body and stronger life and do the impossible.