Last updated August 17th, 2016
The impossible list™ is NOT a bucket list. Not too long ago, I used to settle for the possible things in life. The sure thing. It was “realistic”, “safe” and boring as hell. I decided I needed a challenge.
The impossible list is that challenge. This list of impossible things contains all the things I ever thought I couldn’t do because it was “impossible.” The sort of things that I assumed the cool guys on TV only ever got to do. The things I never thought that I would be able to do.
This is my list of impossible things. I’m constantly crossing things off it as I accomplish them and adding to it when needed and I’ll be making regular updates about my journey on the blog. Maybe you’re bored of a bucket list, maybe you’re tired of simply attempting what’s considered “possible”, maybe you just want to try something different. This blog is for you.
The Impossible List™
- Change 1 Person’s Life For The Better
Help 100 Entrepreneurs Better Their Lives Through Micro-Loans at Kiva.org[372/100] [October 2012] Updated February 2016 Raise $25,000 to Help Build A Freaking School In Guatemala with Pencils of Promise[December 25, 2012] (DONE. BOOM).
- Run 7 Ultras on 7 Continents & Build 7 Schools with Pencils of Promise (1 ultra done. 1.5 schools build…more coming soon)
- Run a 5k [Nov 1, 2009]
- Run a 10k [October 2, 2010]
- Run a Half Marathon [November 6, 2010]
Run a Marathon[May 15, 2011] [November 6th, 2012 + couple more] [sub-4-hour] Run an UltraMarathon[October 27, 2012] + a bunch more.
- Run A Triathlon
Run a Duathlon[October 4, 2015] with Pat Flynn
- Run a sub 6-minute mile
Learn parkour and make an awesome montage video.[first video – February 4th, 2016] I’m working on this! Get a six pack and do a photo shoot to celebrate.[June 2, 2012] 100 consecutive pushups[April 14, 2011] [First Attempt]
- 200 consecutive squats [October 31, 2010]
- 50 Consecutive Pullups
- Do a Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do a Fingertip Planche Pushup (Do 10)
- Do 10 Freestanding Handstand Pushups
- Go Slacklining
Complete a Century Ride(May 11, 2013). Run Tough Mudder(May 19th, 2013). Finish the GoRuck Challenge(June, 2013)
- Visit Every Continent (
North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Antarctica (and do something ridiculous here).
- Go Swimming in Every Ocean (
Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic, Southern/Antarctic
- Travel For 1 Year Straight
- Get a 2nd U.S. Passport
- Obtain dual citizenship with another country.
Become an Estonian E-citizen. August 8th, 2016
- Own a small flat in 4 different countries.
- Live on the beach in some tropical country for 3 months.
- Do A Cross Country Road Trip And Make a Film About It
- Do A Round-The-World Trip And Make A Film About It
- Visit All 50 States [49/50]
20 Countries| 50 Countries | 100 Countries | 150 Countries | All The Countries (Current total: 29)
- Start Impossible Island
- Go without internet for a month [July 2009]
Go without a car for a month[February 2012 +] Count & document all my crap[February 2014] Own less than 300 things[February 5th, 2014] See My 97 Things Here
- Create a “Getaway” Backpack [I’m really excited about this]
Go Skydiving[May 1, 2011, June 3, 2011, June 26th, 2012] Go Bungee Jumping[June 6, 2011, July 6th, 2012] Go Paragliding[May 2012] Go Parasailing[August 2009] Learn to Kitesurf[May 14th, 2012 – Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic] / Kitesurf for a month
- Learn to Surf
- Bike Across America
- Get PADI Certified & go scuba diving.
- Climb a Volcano [Summer ’04 – Mt. Pacaya, Guatemala & May ’07 Kilauea, Hawaii]
- Learn To Freedive
Go Zorbing[September 1, 2013] Go Indoor Skydiving[September 1, 2013] Walk With Wolves (and get kissed by one)[August 13th, 2013] Fly A Rocketman Water Jet Lev Fly Board[August 19th, 2013] Fly A Flyboard Water Hoverboard[August 20th, 2013]
- Be an Extra in a Movie [November 12, 2010]
Go to the airport and buy a ticket without knowing where I’m going.[August 30th, 2013]
- Get something named after me.
Events To Attend
- Visit Burning Man And Document It
- Participate in Tomatina
- Running of the Bulls
- See The Northern Lights & Make A Time Lapse Film Of It
Bonarroo[June 2013] SxSw[March 2012, 2013]
- Mardi Gras
- Carnival (Brazil)
- Learn To DJ
- Learn to Fly A Plane
- Learn To Breakdance
- Create a video that gets international coverage
- Get To Space
Become Fluent In At Least 4 Languages
- French (2% fluent according to DuoLingo as of February 2016)
Start my own marketing agency[December 12th, 2011] Make a full-time living online. Start an international company. Put $100,000 in the bank. Give $100,000 away.(see Impossible.org for our philanthrophic efforts!)
- Create a million dollar company.
Make Impossible HQ into a Business.[March 13, 2012] Speak at a Fortune 50 Company[Target HQ in MN – February 17th, 2012] Create an Apparel Line[October 3, 2011] Get Something Named Impossible Get Sued By A Multi-Millionaire(2014-2016)
- Start A Business Incubator.
- Write an e-book [RMG: December 25th, 2010] [Impossible Manifesto: December 6th, 2011] [Impossible TRI: February 28th, 2012]
Publish a real physical book. Start a successful blog/ Start a second successful blog 1,000 Subscribers 10,000 Subscribers 25,000 Subscribers 50,000 Subscribers
What’s On Your Impossible List?
*If you, your business or brand are interested in helping me make one or any of these impossible things a reality, get in touch.
Grow Stronger, Do The Impossible
Get weekly emails on how to build a stronger mind, a stronger body and stronger life and do the impossible.